Security cameras have captured the moment a Mongol bikie jumped a neighbour’s fence fearing for his life as members of a rival gang allegedly opened fire in Perth’s southern suburbs.
Speaking on the footage after it emerged a second man had been charged over Thursday’s shooting in Baldivis, Gang Crime Squad officer in charge Bevan Roe said, “if it wasn’t such a serious incident you would probably describe some aspects as laughable”.
WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE: The moment Mongol bikie jumps fence as alleged shooters open fire.
Watch the latest news and stream for free on 7plus >>
The 39-second clip begins with four cars driving down Amazon Dr about 3.05pm before the convoy performs an awkward U-turn on the quiet street, with two vehicles even colliding at one point.
The video then cuts to Mongol Adam Wragg running across the road before he launches what appears to be a bag and himself over a Colorbond fence.
Two cars then pull into view, with at least two people letting loose with firearms — including one who got out of a car and fired in Wragg’s direction.
Man in custody as police investigate Perth bikie shooting
Seven bikie associates learn fate in ‘firing squad’ death of spray painter
Police allege that person is a 23-year-old Rebels member from Baldivis.
“It’s hard to say or comment on whether there was any level of planning,” Roe said on Tuesday.
“It was chaotic in nature.
“If it wasn’t such a serious incident you would probably describe some aspects as laughable.”
Authorities say they swooped on the 23-year-old accused at Cockburn Gateway Shopping City in Success on Monday.
He was charged with attempting to strike a person with a projectile, possession of a firearm with circumstances of aggravation, and possession of a firearm or ammunition without a licence.
He appeared in Rockingham Magistrates Court on Tuesday and was remanded in custody.
Two vehicles in a convoy collided as they turned around on the tight street. Credit: 7NEWS
Authorities previously said they believe that between five and 10 bullets were fired during the drive-by shooting, and that a handgun and shotgun were involved.
“We are yet to locate the firearms. They are still out there in our community in the hands of people who clearly don’t care about the ramifications,” Roe said.
Police believe at least eight people were in the four-vehicle convoy. All cars have been identified but not all have been recovered.
No one was injured in the incident but a fence was left with bullet holes and the sound sent locals diving for cover in their homes.
Police laid their first charges over the incident on Saturday when a 26-year-old Boddington man, patched to the Rebels, was accused of one count of attempting to strike a person with a projectile.
WA Police have released video of a shocking shooting incident in Perth’s south. Credit: 7NEWS
“Clearly there were tensions between the two outlaw motorcycle gangs. There generally is something brewing between most gangs and that is part of the investigation,” Roe said.
“It’s important for us to know that, but that’s something that will likely take time.”
This week it was revealed Wragg was “not co-operating with police”.
“It is always easier when you do have a victim that is co-operating with the investigation however it’s not stopping us or inhibiting us in any way,” Roe said.
“We’re still throwing all the suite of investigative resources to determine exactly what happened.”
Anyone with information has been asked to contact Crime Stoppers.
Fugitive’s last words during fatal stand-off with police revealed
Moment alleged jewellery store burglar caught in the act
If you’d like to view this content, please adjust your Cookie Settings.