Families have been left without a daycare centre for their children after fire tore through a facility in Perth’s south on Wednesday.
The Playtime Early Learning Centre on Davey St, Mandurah, was engulfed by flames just minutes after closing about 6pm.
WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE: Electrical fault blamed for daycare centre fire.
Watch the latest news and stream for free on 7plus >>
It took fire crews just under an hour to extinguish the fire, which is estimated to have caused more than $250,000 in damage.
There was nobody inside the centre at the time, with all children picked up and workers having closed for the day.
Authorities believe an electrical fault was to blame and the fire has been deemed an accident.
Playtime Early Learning centre went up in flames on Wednesday. Credit: 7NEWSAn electrical fault has been blamed for sparking the emergency. Credit: 7NEWS
The centre caters for about 45 children every day and the emergency has forced more than 80 families to find alternative care.
Ten staff members have also been left without a job to return to.
“There’s just so many families that utilise the centre and it’s been so wonderful since it opened,” witness Michelle McLaren said.
“It’s really sad to see that such a great, thriving business that supports the community is now in ruins.”
The centre remains cordoned off on Thursday and it is unclear when it could reopen.